Monday, August 2, 2010

oddities and magik monday :: dreamflesh












Dreamflesh
Gyrus
"Born in 1971, raised in the fens near Boston, Lincolnshire.  Studied Film and Drama at the University of Reading. Since then, I’ve stumbled merrily along my own path, which has involved DIY publishing and culture, grassroots environmental activism, Earth mysteries, modern magic, and a lot of mint tea.  I’ve been researching, writing and publishing stuff related to archaic consciousness, altered states, occult practices and alternative thought since the early 1990s. My writings have appeared in HEAD, The Ley Hunter, Dream Creation, Chaos International, Northern Earth and Fortean Times. I’ve been involved in a host of publishing and broadcasting projects, including editing and publishing the acclaimed journals Towards 2012 and Dreamflesh.  My first collection of essays, looking at rock art, shamanism, altered states and prehistory, is Archaeologies of Consciousness.  My first book, a slim study of debates around primitive war, primatology and ecology is War and the Noble Savage."