Monday, April 25, 2011

oddities and magik monday :: slinkachu

















Imagine the beautiful gaze from the eyes if stumbling upon this continuing project of Slinkachu.  An imagination of wild intrigue must illuminate from the fingers which assemble The Little People Project, abandoning little people on the streets since 2006.

"My 'Little People Project' started in 2006.  It involves the remodeling and painting of miniature model train set characters, which I then place and leave on the street. It is both a street art installation project and a photography project.  The street-based side of my work plays with the notion of surprise and I aim to encourage city dwellers to be more aware of their surroundings.  The scenes I set up, more evident through the photography, and the titles I give these scenes aim to reflect the loneliness and melancholy of living in a big city, almost being lost and overwhelmed.  But underneath this, there is always some humour.  I want people to be able to empathise with the tiny people in my works."

Support artists with every molecule you have left over, after the storm.