Wednesday, October 13, 2010

whimsical wednesday :: winona cookie creations





















Winona Cookie Creations
"When I’m not busy being a psychologist, I’m busy making art, something I have done for as long as I can remember.  Since I can’t seem to settle on just one career, it’s not surprising that I can’t settle on just one artistic style either.   I enjoy creating whimsical children’s illustrations in watercolor, but also like working with collage, assemblage and making jewelry.  Let’s face it: my studio’s a MESS!  So while I’m snipping, gluing and painting, I’m channeling Maurice Sendak, Ed Gorey and Alphonse Mucha, and hoping you like the results.  While I can sometimes recreate something I’ve done, I’m not interested in mass production, so my offerings will tend to change often – keep checking back!"
"About Winona Cookie: Winona Cookie was my imaginary friend when I was a kid.  She looked just like my avatar.  Also, I LOVE cookies. And tea. Cookies and tea, both."