Wednesday, June 10, 2009

jo lynn alcorn


Kips Bay Showhouse Mural



Dior Lipstick Eiffel Tower

Jo Lynn Alcorn Paper Art

"A graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design,
I first worked in magazines in New York City,
as an art director and art buyer.
In the early 90's, I began doing dimensional illustration,
an outgrowth of a love of collage and paper.
My work has found many applications,
from children's wallpaper designs to floral murals
in a department store in Beijing.

I have been fortunate to find interesting work abroad,
especially in China and Japan, where there seems
almost to be a cultural affinity for my paper creations.
I am represented in Japan by Taiko & Associates,
and in France by LT2.

I have just completed a large staircase mural
in the Kips Bay Showhouse in New York City,
in collaboration with Amy Lau of Amy Lau Design
and Laura Romanoff of Maya Romanoff Wallpapers.

As a personal project, I have been working on a collection
of fantastical butterflies and insects,
made of paper, naturally."